Recently I was asked if there was anything in my life and in my career that I would change, if I could journey back in time. There certainly were some difficult times, but they were learning opportunities. Without those experiences, I would not be here today.
If life is a journey, then what are the rules of the road? How should we conduct ourselves as we experience our own personal journey?
- In life, there are no shortcuts, so seek wisdom, knowledge, and competence, and then confront important challenges along the way.
- A long and difficult passage through a dark and ominous valley helps to better appreciate the often breathtaking view from the mountain’s summit.
- When confronted by threatening strangers, choose your battles carefully, and always consider what is best for the long road ahead.
- When storm clouds gather along the way, as they certainly will, look for the silver-lining-there is always a silver-lining!
- As you always have a choice, take the high road, and do what is right for the right reasons.
- In life, you only experience one journey, so appreciate the path you have chosen, and learn from all your experiences.
- A successful journey is measured by how you have traveled and by where you can go from now.
I try not to expend too much emotional energy on those things about which I have no control. The past is gone forever. Its only value is what we can learn as we journey onward into our future.